WFO #2 The Trek to Omaha

June 9th....I was hesitant waking up that day. My wife and I had a stupid o'clock Amazon run, I had to get the rental, and I then had to make the 3 hour trek to Omaha to begin my 3 to 5 week training with Werner.

This is single handedly the longest time I will be spending away from my wife and kids. Mind I am the guy who lets family watch our kids so the wife and I can have a date night and then chomps at the bit to want to pick them up. It drives my wife nuts I am sure but I love my kids so much.

Ever since I was 7 years old, I have always wanted to be a dad. Dedicated my D.A.R.E. speech in 5th grade to the fact that of all the things I could be, being a dad was the most important to me.

So here I am leaving at 5:00pm to make my journey 3 hours away and my stomach is in knots. I am crying on the inside but I gotta remain strong or else I would break down. God I love my family.


The drive was boring, nothing to really see and if it wasn't for the music that I played I would have pulled over to nap because of how bored I was. Listening to Fallout Boy, A Day to Remember, Atreyu, and Falling in Reverse was my escape from the swirl of emotions I was feeling.

Many times in our lives we face things that push our levels of comfort and we need to come to terms that comfort is the enemy of growth. I used to believe that fear was the enemy of growth but lately even that idea has been tested. Fear is the catalyst of growth and if we dig deeper and find out what we need to grow from, we eliminate that fear or anxiety.

More daily adventures to come. Remember We Forge On Together, Never Alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFO #1 Personal Development

WFO#5 Now We Play The Waiting Game